This Level 3 Award in Education and Training is the basic training course required for teaching or training anywhere in the public sector as well as the private training industry, FE colleges and HE institutions.
Doing this Level 3 AET course will qualify you to teach any course in your specialist area so it is a great course to do if you want to teach up to Level 3 courses. Regardless of whether you wish to be a personal trainer, beauty trainer or construction trainer, this course is a great entryway for you to get into teaching. If you're looking for info on how to become an SIA trainer, please visit this page.
Why choose ELN?
There are many reasons to choose ELN The e-Learning Network.
We regularly review our course materials and assignments (latest review has been completed in July 2020!) We make sure the assignments are easy to answer, the materials are focused on the topics in the assignments and everything is signposted clearly within the Learning Management System.
Our UK-based personal tutors and modern, easy-to-use Learning Management System have students raving on all our social media sites. Our qualifications are globally recognised and all our courses are self-paced and flexible to fit around your lifestyle.
Our qualifications are also recognised in multiple Middle Eastern countries, including our Dubai trainer courses. We have multiple clients from the public and private sector who have gone through our UAE teacher training programme and been highly praised by them.
Our core purpose is to help you get qualified so you can boost your training career. We are waiting to help you! Click on the webchat or email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Course Credits: 12
Course Duration: 6 months
This course is suitable for those beginning their careers in training NVQ, QCF, RQF type courses in their specialist sector.
This course is suitable if you want to teach Level 3 courses or below in your specialist area.
No previous experience or current training role required.
This course is also ideal for teaching or training in many different sectors. You can do this course if you do not intend to teach fulltime OR if you do not teach regulated qualifications, but may need to fulfil the requirement of having a teaching qualification eg. managers training staff.
This course can be used as a pathway to the Level 4 Certificate in E&T however, this is not a requirement. If you are serious about training as a career and have access to regular teaching, it might be better to enrol directly into the Level 4 CET or Level 5 DET
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training course is available for all candidates who fulfil the following criteria:
Age range: 19+
Core skills: There are no formal entry requirements for this training course however candidate must have reading and writing skills in order to complete the course
Access to Internet using a laptop / pc / tablet using up to date Windows, Android or Apple operating systems.
You will need to video record and send for assessment a 15-minute microteach session on any topic with any 3 people over the age of 16.
Would you like to read in more detail what the ELN Level 3 AET course entails? Download our course brochure now!
Your course Tutors
Tony is one of ELN's most popular tutors for AET, CET and sometimes the Assessor courses too. He has been involved in training since the mid 1990’s and has experience in both the private and public sector. He has taught a variety of subjects including Engineering, Explosives, Advanced Driving & Riding and Professional Development. During his time in industry Tony worked with a number of universities where he sat on a number of boards advising on course development, gave lectures and sponsored projects (many of which turned into commercial enterprises). When Tony is not in the classroom (or online!) he enjoys the outdoor life and is happiest when riding his Ducati.
Units and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Explain the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Summarise key aspects of legislation, regulatory requirements and codes of practice relating to own role and responsibilities
- Explain ways to promote equality and value diversity. Explain why it is important to identify and meet individual learner needs
- Understand ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Explain ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Explain why it is important to promote appropriate behaviour and respect for others
- Understand the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
- Explain how the teaching role involves working with other professionals
- Explain the boundaries between the teaching role and other professional roles
- Describe points of referral to meet the individual needs of learners
- Understand inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Describe features of inclusive teaching and learning
- Compare the strengths and limitations of teaching and learning approaches used in own area of specialism in relation to meeting individual learner needs
- Explain why it is important to provide opportunities for learners to develop their English, mathematics, ICT and wider skills
- Understand ways to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment
- Explain why it is important to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment
- Explain why it is important to select teaching and learning approaches, resources and assessment methods to meet individual learner needs
- Explain ways to engage and motivate learners
- Summarise ways to establish ground rules with learners
- Be able to plan inclusive teaching and learning
- Devise an inclusive teaching and learning plan
- Justify own selection of teaching and learning approaches, resources and assessment methods in relation to meeting individual learner needs
- Be able to deliver inclusive teaching and learning
- Use teaching and learning approaches, resources and assessment methods to meet individual learner needs
- Communicate with learners in ways that meet their individual needs
- Provide constructive feedback to learners to meet their individual needs
- Be able to evaluate the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- Review the effectiveness of own delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- Identify areas for improvement in own delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- Understand types and methods of assessment used in education and training
- Explain the purposes of types of assessment used in education and training
- Describe characteristics of different methods of assessment in education and training
- Compare the strengths and limitations of different assessment methods in relation to meeting individual learner needs.
- Explain how different assessment methods can be adapted to meet individual learner needs.
- Understand how to involve learners and others in the assessment process
- Explain why it is important to involve learners and others in the assessment process
- Explain the role and use of peer and self-assessment in the assessment process
- Identify sources of information that should be made available to learners and others involved in the assessment process
- Understand the role and use of constructive feedback in the assessment process
- Describe key features of constructive feedback
- Explain how constructive feedback contributes to the assessment process
- Explain ways to give constructive feedback to learners
- Understand requirements for keeping records of assessment in education and training
- Explain the need to keep records of assessment of learning
- Summarise the requirements for keeping records of assessment in an organisation
Unit 1: Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
3 x short essay style assignments and 1 x peer discussion.
Unit 2: Using and Delivering Inclusive Learning and Teaching Approaches in Lifelong Learning
3 x short essay style assignments and 1 x peer discussion for the theory part.
1 x session plan, tutor observation report, peer feedbacks and self-evaluation. You will need to video record and send for assessment a 15-minute microteach session with at least 3 participants over the age of 16. The microteach can be on any topic.
Unit 3: Understanding Assessment in Education and Training
4 x short essay style assignments and 1 x peer discussion.
Frequently asked questions
Microteach is a 15 -20 minute session which can be done on any topic as teaching practice evidence for Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
There is no difference between the qualification content, delivery or assessment. Both Pearson Edexcel and NOCN operate under Ofqual and offer the same qualification so this is purely a matter of which brand you prefer. Pearson are more widely-recognised but NOCN process the certificates much quicker.
For the AET, CET or DET you can focus on teaching the older 16+ students. The assessor course is for those who assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in a classroom or work environment so may not be fully relevant.
Yes it is a BTEC qualification awarded by Pearson Edexcel.
AET Virtual course is a 2 day live, virtual course with real-time tutor and colleague interaction. Attendance is time-bound and compulsory like any regular classroom based course.
The online self-paced AET is a 6 month course where you get access to a personal tutor if you require help but is mostly self-paced independent learning at your convenience.
The certificate can take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive.
This AET virtual course is equivalent to a regular classroom-based course therefore is costly and time-bound. You get live interaction with your tutor face to face as well as interaction and discussion with your peers on the course.